When ever we discuss about SEO, sitemap strikes our mind as an important thing, I have already discussed in my previous post about “What is a Sitemap ? It’s Types, Description & Usefulness“.Now the question arises that ‘How to generate sitemaps for WordPress ?’. So that we can submit it to Major search Engine sites for better crawling and indexing of your website.
Answer for the above question is vey simple as many of us Know that this job can be done by many Plug-ins which are available in WordPress.org SEO section. There are many plug-ins available but we will talk about most used.
( SOME WORDPRESS PLUG-INS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR WORDPRESS.COM FREE USERS )
New users who made blog in wordpress.com free hosting always search for plug-ins tab but friends it is not available for free users. WordPress plug-ins are available for self hosted users only.
- One of the most important plug-in for generating sitemap is ALL IN ONE SEO PACK
- Google Analytics support
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
- Another one is Yoast plugin (WordPress SEO by yoast)
- Post Titles & Meta Descriptions
- Robots Meta Configuration
- Permalink Clean Up
- XML Sitemaps
- RSS Enhancements
- Robots.txt and .htaccess
- Clean Up of Head Section
- Google XML sitemap WordPress plugin
- Available for all WordPress versions since 1.5
- No PHP skills or file changes needed
- User interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Available in many languages
- Generates automatically a sitemap for all types of WordPress pages
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments
- Notifies Ask.com, Google, Bing and YAHOO about changes via ping
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- Generates a static XML file as well as a zipped version
All these plugins are best to use for generating wordpress sitemaps. Many of my friends uses them. You also may got impressed if you if you would try it out. Just download plugins, install them, generate your WordPress sitemap and submit it to different search engine webmaster tools.
Once you have generated your sitemap, follow Our Blog to get started